Our new Altitude Helicopter partners have a long history dating as far back as 1994. They have a global presence in different part of the world e.g. Europe, Asia, Africa and in the U.S. They have implemented new techniques and different methodologies in the most remote regions of Nepal. Performing search and rescue flights in remote valleys, and on the highest Himalayan peaks. Hostile environment, extreme altitudes and marginal weather conditions have been the daily testing ground for their staff and helicopter fleet.
Saving dozens of lives and bringing relief and aid to local populations is something Altitude continually strives for. Their professional approach to excellence reached a pinnacle by setting the world record for a long-line rescue involving a Nepalese climber at about 7800 meters (25.600 feet) on Mount Everest. This became an unexpected Guinness World Record on a ‘normal’ workday!
Altitude brings vast expertise and professionalism which sets a high standard for training students here in the U.S. Students will have a chance to learn from instructors with thousands of hours of instruction and hours flying in many different operating scenarios. These are the pillars of our united front, and differences that set us apart from other flight schools.
The majority of our cadets are international students, coming from all over the world. We offer structured courses that give students the best learning environment both in class, and during practical flight training. In addition, we offer a variety of other licenses and ratings that allow students to meet other requirements based on their career needs. In short, we will do what is necessary to meet your goals!
Here are just a few reasons why choosing AAA is right for you!
- Climate and overall flying conditions
- Our Class D Brown Field Airport is a perfect location in relations to air traffic
- Basic and advanced training inside the airport allowed
- Mountains, Desert, Ocean and dense populated area in just minutes flying
- Other practice areas within 10 miles of departing airport.
- FAA part 61 training programs
- Knowledgeable and extremely experienced staff
- Specializing in international student pilot training
- Streamline Visa processing (SEVIS approved)
- English language training environment (ICOA level 4-6 standard)
- Newly remodeled offices, classroom and brief rooms
- Student accommodations available
- Cultural diversity throughout the school and San Diego
FAA Training Programs
We offer FAA part 61 training programs, depending on your specific aviation goals. This is an ICAO license with worldwide recognition. FAA licenses are easily converted just about anywhere in the world. These licenses are also the global “Gold standard” for the world of Aviation.
AAA also offers a part 61 program which is perfect for students who cannot commit to full time student status, or need a more customizable program to help them reach their goals. Whichever program you choose, AAA is dedicated to providing quality instruction, and helping you reach your goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.